Here you will find lots of information about Carvoeiro Events! See when and where the markets are in and around Carvoeiro, what great annual events take place and when the Algarve bank holidays are so you don't miss out on something or, on a practical note, get caught out by the supermarkets closing. You can also enjoy lots of really good events in the town of Lagoa, which is only a short drive from Carvoeiro!
NOT TO BE MISSED ALGARVE SUMMER EVENTS 2017
Here we go folks, Summer has officially landed in the Algarve and boy have we got a GREAT programme of events to look forward to! Just check out these highlights!
- Summer in Tavira - "Verão em Tavira" - July to September '17: For another year running there's a fantastic programme of Summer events in eastern Algarve's Tavira, including music, dance, theatre, cinema, book fairs and craft stalls, heritage and cultural activities, folklore, sport and much more! For more details check out the Município de Tavira Facebook page
- Ria Formosa Festival – 27th July to 6th August '17 in Faro: If you love seafood, you won’t want to miss this! The best of the Ria Formosa seafood will be cooked along with other regional specialities and in true Algarve style, they’ll be drinking and entertainment too! The festival takes place from 7pm to 1am in Faro’s São Francisco Square.
- Portimão Sardine Festival – 2nd to 6th August '17: One of the Algarve’s most famous food festivals and a celebration of one of the most staple parts of Portuguese summer dining! The smell of grilled sardines is synonymous with Algarve summer’s and a piece of bread is all you need as a plate to sample the much loved fish! Along with eating and drinking there’s the typical music and partying too, entry is free and the “Zona Ribeirinha” river front is the place to be!
- 32nd Olhão Seafood Festival, “Festival do Marisco” – 10th to 15th August '17: Calling all foodies to the Algarve! It’s time to sample some of the best seafood and shellfish from the Ria Formosa in another of our famous Summer festivals! Music and partying obligatory and the event costs from €6-9, with entry from 7pm.
- BANHO 29 - Lagos & Luz - 29th August '17: Beach party imminent @ Praia da Batata and Praia da Luz
- Albufeira Fisherman's Festival, Festa Do Pescador: First weekend of September 2017, 1st, 2nd and 3rd September!
For more information about what's going on in the Algarve over Summer, check out the Visit Algarve August 2017 Events Guide, the Visit Algarve website, or pop into any tourist information office when you get here to make sure you don’t miss out on something!